Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Backdoor Visitor




So, tonight I was starving, and decided to make myself a sammie around 9:30-I know...late to be eating, but-I'm hungry. Anyways. Coltrane always gets up for food-no matter how deep a sleep he's in. Right away he became disinterested in the food-and his back hair started standing up and he was snorting and growling-but never barked. I looked outside-figuring I'd see someone walking a dog...not quite. A HUGE racoon right outside our sliding glass door. I SO wanted to let Cole out to scare the crap out of him-but was afraid of Coltrane being attacked or the racoon being frightened and instead of running away-running into our house (which would have made for a MUCH better story). But, instead-I let Coltrane watch the big fellow and took some pics! I was so sad no one was here to witness this with me. Maybe then I would have had the guts to let Cole out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing the girls weren't awake, the probably would have wanted to pet it. Racoons can make a mess if they find access to garbage but are fun to watch. We had one sleeping in the middle of my parking lot at home one afternoon. We were able to wake it up enough to move under a car and go back to sleep. I thing it was very confused being awake during the day.
Hugs ~ GAP