Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rowena Starts Kids' Connection

I believe I started this blog about five years ago, when Delaney began preschool at Kids' Connection...and here I am writing a post about Rowena's first day and experience with her own education.  It's surreal; that's she's starting school.  I'm not sure why I feel that way.  Maybe because it's been 4 years since we had someone "start" school.























Today was a simple "Meet the Teachers" kind of day.  It was only for 30 minutes and the parents were in the classroom the whole time.  We signed lots of papers while the kids explored the classroom and played.  The morning finished with storytime on a rug after cleaning and getting a stamp.






Rowe LOVED it.  She was quite upset when it was time to leave, as she wanted to stay.  However, and thankfully, she didn't throw a tantrum.  I reminded her that she gets to come back on Thursday and stay for a whole hour without me, and then starting next week she gets to go two days a week for 2 1/2 hours...and like a big girl (i.e. without parents).  She's very excited.  She's been looking forward to this for about 9 months.
siggy
post divider

No comments: