Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Delaney wants a new pet...

Well, I guess two dogs are just not enough for Delaney. She is looking for a new pet. This one is widely available in the midwest, especially during the summer and at dusk. That's right. She wants a pet lightning bug. She discovered them (or rediscovered them) on Monday night when we went out to welcome home our neighbors. Pete will be stopping on his way home from work today to get his little girls bug boxes. Delaney was crushed on Monday when Pete told her she couldn't bring her newly caught pet into the house or sleep with him!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Aaahh! How cute is that. When I was a kid, older than Delaney by just a few years I liked to catch them and then try and write my name on my arm with their fire. I know it's gross to think about smearing firefly butt on yourself, but I was a kid. :)