Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oh Boy! Are We In Trouble!

Man oh Man! Delaney is loving Spencer right now. Here are some recent conversations I've had with Delaney over the past week.

Conversation 1:
Scenerio: I'm getting ready to take a shower at my parents' on Wednesday morning, and Delaney is in the bathroom talking with me.
Me: Delaney, you have to shut the door.
Delaney: Why?
Me: Well, because I'm getting undressed and I need my privacy.
Delaney: Oh, because Poppy can't see you naked?
Me: Right. That would be inappropriate.
Delaney: But, Daddy can see you naked right?
Me: Yes, Daddy can.
Delaney: Daddy can see your boobies, right? Because you're married.
Me: Yes, that's right. JUST because we're married.
Delaney (who is now getting very excited, clapping her hands, then covering her mouth): Oh!!!!! I hope I get to marry Spencer so he can see my boobies!

Conversation 2:
Scenerio: Peter and Delaney are talking about her day (Friday).
Delaney: I peed outside.
Pete: Wait. What?
Delaney: I peed outside. But it's okay, Daddy. I went behind the bushes so no one would see.
Pete: Really?
Delaney: Yeah, I peed with Julia and Spencer.
Pete: You peed with Julia and Spencer?
Delaney: Well, me and Spencer peed. Julia wanted to wait.

Great. She's just like me! Peeing outside with the boys because she doesn't want to come inside. Fabulous! I'm wondering how much they (Delaney and Spencer) saw of each other, seeing as they were both peeing outside behind the bushes!

Conversation 3:
Scenerio: I'm talking with Katie in the kitchen on Friday
Katie: What are you going to do with Daddy?
Me: We're going to go on a date.
Katie: What's a date?
Me: Well, a date is when you do something special with someone you really like. You might go to the movies, or to dinner, or for a walk.
Katie: Oh. You're going to go on a date with Daddy.
Me: Yeah, and sometimes at the end of the date, if you really like the person, and if the person is really, really nice...you can give them a kiss. But, just like this: (and I give Katie a little kiss/peck)
Delaney: Oh, well, I can't wait to go on my first date with Spencer!

Spencer...are YOU ready for Delaney???

1 comment:

Patty said...

Amy & Pete welcome to the age of curiosity and exploration, we all go through it!!