Thursday, November 20, 2008

Shhh...Don't Tell Uncle Wesley or Leann!

Today's conversation in the car with me and Kate after we passed a store that has wedding dresses in the window...

Katie: "Mommy there was a beautiful white dress in the window. Did you see it?"
Me: "No, was it a wedding dress?"
Katie: "Yes, and it was beautiful. I hope I can wear it one day."
Me: "I'm sure you will."
Katie: "Maybe Leann can wear it."
Me: "Leann?"
Katie: "Yea, when she marries Uncle Wesley."
Me: "Oh, you want Uncle Wesley and Leann to get married?"
Katie: "Yea. I like Leann."
Me: "Then you can call her Aunt Leann."
Katie: "Yea, Aunt Leann and Uncle Wesley."
Me: "I think you should tell Uncle Wesley that you want them to get married and see Leann in the beautiful white wedding dress."
Katie: "No, I can't. It's a secret. Don't tell Uncle Wesley or Leann. I'll tell them when they get married. Uncle Wesley can't know about the dress. But Leann is going to be beautiful, and Uncle Wesley will be so happy."

So-don't tell Uncle Wesley or Leann...because it's a secret!

2 comments:

Brian said...

I love your girls!!

Patty said...

That was great!! I won't say a thing.