Friday, November 27, 2009

What We're Thankful For

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Yesterday before our "feast" we went around and all said what we were thankful for. Highlights were the following:

Delaney: Charming Uncle Wesley (pause), and Uncle Joe
Katie: For my Mommy because of all the yummy food she makes me, and for my Daddy for being so fun and playing games.
Peter: For my three awesome daughters
Wesley: For my fiance and for my neices

I am thankful for my amazing husband, wonderful daughters, supportive family (both near and far), outstanding and loyal friends, my GSU family, fun napkins, fine china, fancy table clothes, a gorgeous home, a big deck, our private playground, our health, a slobbery dog, our fourth addition on his/her way, and the idea of starting my internship in January.

Below are pictures of our table--Delaney made each person's fancy turkey place setting. We used our AWESOME china, crystal, and flatware. The dinner was AWESOME! We had the usual: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and then a candied sweet potato souffle, and then three delicious pies-apple crisp, mountain berry, and pumpkin. The meal was devine and the company was awesome. We talked to almost all of the far-away relatives: Grandpa & Paula, Nana, Uncle Brian and Uncle Joe. We finished the night with a double feature: The Neverending Story and UP!

Using our beautiful china, crystal, and flatware. Delaney's touch...homemade turkeys

Uncle Wesley and Rowena
Delaney "flavoring" her turkey by smashing in the cranberries. Her fave: candied sweet potato souffle...she had two helpings!
Pete cutting up the girls' turkey. Rowena sat near the "adult" table and really took part in the feast! She really enjoyed the potatoes, stuffing, and turkey.

No comments: