Monday, January 5, 2009

Birl Update...My Appointment Today

Can you believe there's less than 8 weeks left until Birl's intended arrival?! That's right. It's just less than 8 weeks until February 28th!

I had the first (of many) non-stress tests today. I actually fell asleep. I woke up to the doctor looking over the report. I was quite embarrassed, but he was impressed at how I used my time there! ahahaha. I did bring Twilight to start, but didn't get very far. We've had 6 ultrasounds, and depending on when Birl arrives, we could have up to 13 total--which just seems like a ton. According to today's ultrasound, Birl is weighing in at a little over 4 lbs. I really enjoyed listening to Birl's heartbeat during the NST. It was so rythmic and soothing (ranging from 126-162 for the duration)...which is probably why I fell asleep. Baby and I are looking, feeling, and doing well. I think my weight gain is at 20 lbs so far.

We're slowly getting the house ready. We have all of the baby/infant stuff all out and in the front room. These next two weeks, we'll work on getting the basement set up so we can move the girls' awesome playroom down there. As soon as the basement is ready, we can clean out the playroom and set up the nursery. We'll be sure to have this all done by the end of January (or so we're hoping).

I've been getting very, very tired again...wanting to nap daily around 1 or 2 for about 3 hours. Saturday I got a great nap in--Thanks Peter! xoxo. I'm going to take advantage of any possible nap times, because I have a feeling once Birl arrives--his/her schedule will be opposite of the girls! (i.e. up a lot throughout the night, not napping during preschool hours, etc.).

We're getting so excited to have a little newborn around. The tiny toes, hands, and features. The rythmic breathing while sleeping, the coo's and cries, and all the wonderful aspects to newborns and parenthood. Delaney can't wait to feed him/her, and Katie really wants to name him/her "Baby Jesus." Those two are so cute with this pregnancy...I can't wait to see how they react to the actual baby! I just wish Delaney could experience feeling Birl move/kick in-utero. She wants to so bad, but the little one won't cooperate!

1 comment:

Patty said...

How exciting!! The girls will be so cute their new sibling. When you said you only have 8 weeks left, for you I guess that means 5 weeks. :) Take care of yourself
Hugs ~ GAPx5