Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Riggs...Adjusting Well

Riggs has been so amazing! Since losing Coltrane, we were very unsure of how Riggs would behave, change, and interact. He's been amazing! No more accidents in the house, he's more affectionate, cuddles a little more, been better about not chewing on things, and he hasn't seem to miss Cole all that much. It's almost as if he's grown up a lot because of it. Pete took Riggs to the Dog Park for the first time yesterday, as we're wanting to make sure he 'socializes' well with other dogs and people. He did GREAT! He had a blast running around, meeting other big dogs, and just having some pure free time. And, now that we're setting up the basement, we're allowing him down there little by little (an adult has to be down there with him, as we doubt the girls will watch him well enough to make sure toys are being eaten). Coltrane was always my buddy...sitting on my lap and cuddling up with me. Last night, after watching a show, I laid down in the "sleep" chair, and Riggs got right up there with me and cuddled. I loved it...so much I passed out!

No comments: