Friday, January 9, 2009

A Couple Cute Things

I haven't updated much on any funny or cute things the girls do, so I thought I'd take a quick moment to share a few.

DELANEY
She is learning how to tell time (digitally first). Although she knows somewhat how to look at a clock with hands, she has been wearing her watch regularily, and looking at it about every 2-10 minutes to update me on the time. I'm quite impressed that if her watch says "4:49" she will say "It's four, forty-nine." The first couple of times she would say "four, four, nine" but has it down now.

She also thinks that since she is five now, she should be able to go to kindergarten. She's becoming a little excited to ride the bus and "really go to school." I know I'm not ready for that, so I'm personally thankful she has to wait until late August! However, we will be registering her in March!

She's becoming impatient for Birl's arrival. She is confused with the concepts of weeks, so when I told her we had 8 more weeks, the next day she thought we were down to 7. So-we switched to days, and she's not happy at all that it's 50 more days! Not to mention, she's now telling people we have 50 more weeks.

She's learning her phone number, and next week at school she gets to call home. Can you believe she's getting so old!?!? I sure can't!

KATIE
She has the best imagination ever! She has different voices for all of her dolls when she plays. Most are very high-pitched. She has also made live-action games for Mario Party and Avatar, which she can get almost anyone to participate it. So, you'd better practice up on your air and water bending, and watch out for the Bowser spots!

She already has the name picked out for the baby. "Baby Jesus" if it's a boy. And, I can't remember what her girl's name is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Peach" (from Mario Party).

She keeps us laughing with her adult humor, her "buuuutt" comments and jokes, and how she says she really loves peanut butter now, yet oddly refuses to eat it and can't stand the smell.

She lives at the "Pink Stair House" with her brother who can be really mean, and her best friend "Asa." This is a house located in a bad part of town that we drive past to get to my work/daycare. She LOVES it! She also has Delaney now living two doors down in the "Red House." Delaney now has her friend "Bubar" (although she spells it Rcksa) living in the house between her and Kate.

Ahhh...the little things kids come up with that make us smile and laugh. I can't imagine our world without them! I'm excited to see what Birl will add to the craziness of our family!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I just love hearing about the girls and what they say. Keep um coming!!