Friday, October 9, 2009

Our Little Author

Delaney loves to write, color, and draw. Almost every day she writes and illustrates a 6-10 page book. Actually, she does all of the drawings first, then puts them into order and makes a title page and a back page. Then we staple them together (like binding a book) and then she narrates while Pete or I write her words...word for word. The stories are starting to flow better and make more sense than the ones she wrote last spring. She has found a new hobby! Her goal is to write her teacher 20...and she has at least 7 done. I will be keeping many of the ones that she writes for us...I love them and think she's pretty darn amazing! She's taking after her Uncle Joe. Her Uncle Wesley was also a little author when he was in grade school. She has a nice little space in the front room with her desk, and all of her craft supplies.


1 comment:

Brian said...

I would love if Delaney wrote a book for me.