Monday, October 5, 2009

Our New Two-Wheeler Rider

Last Wednesday after everyone had to stay home from school...Delaney has/had bronchitis, Katie had a throat infection, and Rowena had bad allergies, the afternoon sun was warm and Pete and I thought it would be good to get our sickies some fresh air. Plus, I think we were all going a little stir-crazy from cabin fever. Delaney and I went around to the neighbors to hand out some flyers (for my Women's Support Group), while Pete cleaned up some of Rowena's bigger toys and Kate danced around outside. It was so nice out. Well, I had to leave for the New Student Orientation at Governors State and teach that night...so I left around 3 or so. Pete later texts me that Kate is riding WITHOUT training wheels! YEA! I couldn't believe it. I asked Pete what her motivator was, and he wasn't sure. And, since she initiated it, he couldn't say "no" despite the fact that having Rowena outside is time consuming and taking off the wheels can be a pain. Well done, Kates!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Way to go Noodle!