Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big Night Tonight

We've hit another major milestone here for the Henderson Family! Tonight Delaney "graduates" from preschool. Yeah, nowdays they have graduation from preschool to kindergarten. I think it's a very neat thing they do...it's kind of a right of passage. She'll be going to a new (big) school, riding a bus, going to school alone (right now I walk them to/from school), and she'll go for longer than 2 1/2 hours just two days a week.

These are the things that bring tears to my eyes. I'm such a sap when it comes to my kids, I can't help it. I can't believe that little, tiny, dark-haired, red-skinned baby that came 15 days before we expected and ended up in NICU for 3 days is now 5 1/2 years old, graduating from preschool, and becoming a big kid. She's so independent that it makes me proud and sad at the same time. I am very proud of her. She's a very polite, curious child who loves to play out in the mud and rain, isn't scared of thunderstorms, yet screams and cries when she thinks a bee is near her. She is so smart and funny, yet she takes things very personally. She likes to be the boss and have things her way, but she's very supportive and loving to her family and friends. I think she'll do great at Grand Prairie next year, although I'll bawl my eyes out on August 25th when she gets on that bus and rides away.

No comments: