Saturday, May 23, 2009

Solo Trip to the Zoo

Yesterday I decided to take the girls to the zoo, solo. It was beautiful out and we didn't have much to do. I laid down some rules before going--1. No whining, 2. No fighting, 3. Stay by Mommy, 4. Listen to Mommy the first time, and 5. No running. They were told that if the rules were broken, we would leave the zoo--first offense. I had a feeling it would be too difficult to try giving them warnings and such and so figured it would just be easier to just give them their warning ahead of time. Well-they did GREAT! Even when I told them "no" to the carousel. I was very proud of them, and promised them we would go often. In fact, next time we'll get to play longer at the park and I'll bring their swimsuits so play in the splash pad by the penguins. Thanks to my beautiful daughters for behaving SO well...especially since the zoo was very, very crowded!

Ready for a day at the zoo...Enjoying lunch...Climbing on the animals...

1 comment:

Patty said...

Great job girls!! Great job Mom for taking the chance and making great memories.