Saturday, May 23, 2009

So Sad...So Fast!

It makes me so sad how quickly our three girls are growing! I mean...Delaney is starting kindergarten in just THREE months! And Kate just finished her first year of preschool. YIKES!

I don't know if I realized it with Delaney. I was always so excited about her next stage...rolling over, sitting up, walking, talking, clapping, etc. I didn't sit back and enjoy the moment enough. Well, I'm making up for that with Rowena...but I have to say, I'm sad to see how big she's getting already. I do love how much she responds to me, Peter, and her sisters. She's so smiley and happy. She has a nice routine down too. Gets up around 8am, all smiles and ready for the day...or at least for 1 1/2-2 hours. She has her breakfast and plays for a while (by playing, I mean laying at her kick-n-whirl carnival, hanging in her swing, "talking" with mommy, or in her exersaucer), then she's ready for a 1/2 hour nap. Then she's up for about 4 hours, when she starts to get fussy again. She takes another nap, for about an hour or so. Then she's in a good mood again until about 5:30-6 or so, when she gets tired. She takes another 1/2 hour nap gets up, eats, and is in bed around 8pm.

Delaney and Kate continue to be great big sisters...playing with Rowe, holding her, talking to her, and loving her. I need to take more videos! It's been too long. I'll do that this weekend and week.

Things she's doing now...at (almost) THREE MONTHS OLD...
--coo'ing
--smiling like crazy
--burping (such a gassy baby)
--enjoying "playtime"--bouncy seat, swing, kick-n-whirl carnival, exersaucer
--strong legs, likes to stand
--loves to be held, but only if she's facing outwards--she's a nosey parker like her biggest sis.
--responding to voices and sounds
--loves diaper changes
--loves bathtime
--hates being held in the cradle hold-unless eating
--hates being held toward your shoulder
Rub-a-dub-dub...Three Henderson Girls in a TubFirst time in the exersaucer.

Delaney and Katie couldn't wait for her to play in here!

Napping on Dr. Dermer's couch...pretty in pink and supporting the Cubbies

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I love the bath pic! Looks like you are having fun! And Rowena is so pretty!! Along with the rest of your girls!