Thursday, November 17, 2011

Park or Zoo?

A friend of mine who lives near the zoo once asked me, "How much can one family take of the zoo?"  Well, to be honest, a lot.  I love the zoo and could probably go a couple times a month.  We've had a membership since Delaney was about 1.  It's a nice way to get us out of the house, some fresh air, and me some exercise.  However, I do get her point.  There is only so much one can take.  And, to give her some credit,  it's in her backyard, so I get that it can get exhausting and monotonous.

Brian's last Saturday we figured we'd go to the zoo, as it's a stop every time he's in town.  Well, last minute we changed our mind and headed to a local park instead.  We picked up Starbucks (a treat for me, as that is a place to which I never go) and headed off.  We decided this was our best option--close, kids could just participate in free play, and Brian and I could chat.  The kids had a blast.  Plus, Delaney and Katie were able to wear their new "Sue Sylvester" outfits they got from Uncle Teddy Bear's store.

 

 

 

 

 


 


 


 


\

And, while I'll continue to go to the zoo, and enjoy every minute while there, it's often good to just chillax local, at home, nearby park, or watch a movie.
siggy
post divider

No comments: