Monday, February 9, 2009

Birl Update...Today's Appointment

Nothing new really to report...sadly! Today they just measured fluid and not the baby. Fluid is looking good--measured at a 10, and the range is 6-24. Finally Birl was active during the NST. The past 2-3 weeks, Birl has decided to use the 1/2 hour of NST time to nap, providing very little, if any, movement. Also-his/her heartrate has been low (not bad low) because of the resting state. The past few weeks Birls heartrate was around 130 bpm, and today it was up in the 160's! I'm still dilated and effaced the same (1cm and 50% respectively)...nothing changed there. Doc said the cervix is back and the baby hasn't dropped yet, so he doesn't see anything happening for a while, but is considering inducing on the 20th. Not sure why, since the due date isn't until the 28th. Hmmm. And, although he doesn't foresee labor within the next week (or before my next appointment on the 16th), he has advised me to stay very close to home...i.e. NO school. This really isn't an option, since I am hoping to take 2 weeks off from school post-delivery. I can't afford to take 3 weeks now, and 2 weeks after. I highly doubt my profs would be okay with that length. He's nervous about me getting to the hospital in time, and told me at the FIRST sign of contractions/labor, to "get to the hospital right away." He's basing this on the fact that labor with Kate was two hours, and I only pushed for 2 contractions. We'll continue to keep you posted, via the blog, and some via text or phone call when Birl does decide it's time to meet us and enter this world...

1 comment:

Patty said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. I still say it's a boy. Appears as if your delivery will be later then with the girls.
HUGS ~ GAP