Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Disappointed, even though I know it's inevitable...

Since Delaney arrived 15 days early and Katie arrived 17 days early, we were really expecting this one to arrive around that same time too. Well, today marks 17 days early, and there are no signs of labor. Even though there has been no change from last Monday to this Monday, that was the same way with both girls...No change from 36 to 37 weeks and the doc told me not to expect anything for a while, but they both arrived fairly early. There are no signs of this one arriving early, and every night I go to bed just thinking "oooh, maybe tonight." And, then I wake up, and it's morning and nothing has happened. I know that Birl's birth is inevitable...so if he/she doesn't arrive tonight or tomorrow, etc., he/she WILL arrive! :) I guess I'm just getting very anxious and excited to meet the newest addition to our family. With the help of Pete, I've decided to consider starting my maternity leave early (something I didn't do with the girls). I don't have a plan on how to get to the hospital if I'm at work, and if the bridge is up or I get caught by a train, that drive alone could be pretty horrible! I'm taking this time at home (today was the first day) to clean, relax, do laundry, work on homework, and play with the girls. The girls only have two days a week at home...Sundays and Mondays, so giving them a few extra days I think will be nice. Not to mention, how nice it is for me...as I don't have any days where I can relax or be home the whole day! Okay...now I need to get back to laundry. I hope to give some exciting news soon...

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good for you!! Glad to hear you're getting some rest, you deserve it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this baby is a boy. He will come later than the girls because as you know boys develop slower. LOL
Hugs ~ GAP