Monday, February 23, 2009

Birl Update...Today's Appointment

The ultrasound went well, as did the final NST. We have had 13 ultrasounds and 8 NST's with this baby--WOW! Birl is looking great, healthy, and active. I'm not sure what his/her estimated weight is because today only the fluid was measured. There's not much of a change with me-except that I'm now 75% effaced and between 1-2 cm dilated. Also, the baby's head is down and ready. Doc is still wanting to induce, so it looks like the official day will be Wednesday. Hopefully we'll have internet access at the hospital, so we can keep everyone posted on status and the birth. While I am excited, I'm extremely overwhelmed right now with decisions, emotions, and fear. I'm sure things will be fine, and the fact that we know when we'll be going to the hospital alleviates a lot of stress from those involved. Pete can let his boss know ahead of time, and definitely be there when things are happening (I won't have to get myself the hospital, or him not get there in time--if he were at work), we don't have to worry about where the girls are and who is with them--although we did have plans set up. So...Pete and I are to arrive at St. Joe's around 7am on Wednesday morning for me to start getting all hooked up to iv's and pitocin and gowned. Things won't happen as quickly as they did with Kate, but hopefully won't take as long as they did with Delaney.

Stay tuned for updates and reports on our newest addition to the Henderson Clan...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Wednesday is the big day, huh? You doin ok honey? remember to let me know how things go. my thoughts are w/you. :)

Marcia said...

Amy! Be so excited! It has to be very overwhelming though- everything will go great! Just relax and be happy that everything has gone as well as it has! My thought are with you guys! We are very anxious to hear all about it! Best to you all!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Birl has no idea how anticipated he/she is by so many people!!! Best of luck for a smooth delivery and for a beautifully healthy baby!!!!

Patty said...

I can't wait to hear from you on Wednesday. Everything will go great, Birl is healthy, you're healthy and you have time to get to the hospital, that in itself should calm you some.
Hugs ~ GAP

FMD said...

I can't wait to hear the news...hope you'll let us know on the blog! I love technology!! I bet that baby is going to run right out since it's your third - here's hoping. We'll be thinking of you! Love Jen and Finn