Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birl Update...Yesterday's Appointment

The ultrasound went well, as did the NST. I've actually lost count on how many we've had, but it's been a lot. The heartrate ranges from 130-165, depending on when the baby is at rest of active. There has still be no change (from the internal exam), but at this point, I've stopped expecting any change! :) It'll happen, it's just a matter of time. The doc is still concerned about me getting to the hospital on time, and has suggested (much to Pete's happiness) to begin maternity leave. Last Monday he mentioned inducing this Friday (2/20), but realized that's still more than 7 days before the due date. So, if Birl is still not here by Monday (2/23), he said he wants to discuss inducing in more depth.

Stats:
Birl's Weight: 7 lbs, 2 oz (same exact weight of Kate at birth)
Birl's Heartrate: 130-165 bpm
My Weight Gain: 27 lbs
Dilation: 1cm
Effacement: 50%

All I have to say...is this pregnancy has been very different from the girls. It's been a lot more stressful, especially the past 4 months. I'm trying to take things slow now, relax a bit, and just enjoy my extra time with the girls, and get homework done so I'm a little ahead of the game. Although, I have to admit, I can't wait to meet this little!

3 comments:

Patty said...

I'm counting the days!!
GAP

Pooja Joshi said...

I love reading your blog:-) wish the new baby n mom both be healthy

Marcia said...

Ohhh Amy! That baby will be here soon! Congrats! Hope to visit you all when after you get settled!