Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shhhh...Nothing To Say

I've been quiet this week here.  There's not much to report here, I guess.  We are applying for jobs like crazy and have very little feedback. :(  I am working for Dr. Dermer (who I Grad Assisted for during my last 2 years of grad school) and helping develop a template for a report.  I'm learning a ton on Word, which is pretty cool and useful.  Other than that, life has been pretty quiet.  Daily walks to and from the park with Rowena in the morning, as well as our Thursday trip to LapSit at the library, where we sing songs and read stories--Rowe LOVES it there!  We've also been going to the park a lot with the whole family after school.  Homework, crafts, and games have been keeping us busy at night.  The girls have been enjoying coloring, drawing, making craft-foam princess crowns, playing Go Fish and other various games.  Rowena continues to enjoy watching Blue's Clues and her fave spot to watch it...Mommy and Daddy's bed.  I am going to start volunteering at Delaney and Katie's school one day a week in Delaney's class, and I cannot wait.  Hopefully it will not affect her attention or behavior negatively.  Also, Girl Scouts will be in full effect...the second troop meeting is tomorrow after school, and I'm a parent volunteer there too.

While September has been pretty quiet and tame, next month will be pretty busy.  Lots of fun fall stuff for the Henderson Clan.  It just so happens to be my fave month of the year...Fall, trees changing colors, piles of leaves to jump in, pumpkin decorations, the smell of leaves burning faintly in the air, Halloween, cool-crisp weather...what is not to love?!  So, for the month of October, we plan on going to a couple apple orchards, Bengston's Pumpkin Farm, we have some birthday parties, and hopefully a trip or two to the zoo.  I cannot wait to bake apple crisp and cobblers.  I'm looking forward to time with extended family, as I will be having a "Girl Cousins' Weekend" at my Aunt Patty's in late October, and Nana is going to visit and we should be seeing Uncle Wesley and Aunt Leann too.

So, stay tuned, as I will be updating (hopefully) often in October and sharing lots of pictures!

siggy
post divider

2 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

My October is gonna be super busy filled with fun events!!

Uncle Wesley & Aunt Leann said...

We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! It's going to be a fun weekend!