Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SNOW!!!

Last Thursday we got our first snow fall of the year (of 2012) and technically, our first snow fall for the winter.  We've had flurries a couple times, but no real accumulation.  I love snow.  I love winter.  I love the cold and the beauty of everything drapped in white. 

Thursday was bad for driving.  It too me over 90 minutes to get to work, when it usually takes only 45 minutes.  Bad for driving=Fun for play.  I think we got about 6"+.  Sadly, it's just about gone now, thanks to a bit warmer weather and some rain...but the big plowed piles still exist.

On Monday, when we still had some snow, and it was a bit wetter, Peter took the kids out for some fun.  Wet snow makes GREAT packing snow, which means fun for making snowmen or having snowball fights.  Rowe refused to stand by the snowman for a picture, as she kept wanting to pack more snow on.  They had a lot of fun while I drove to work and Charlie napped.









siggy
post divider

No comments: