Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting Healthy-Weight Loss Challenge Update

Well, we've been at it for 5 weeks now.  Heather and I are doing well, but not as well as we would like.  However, we both have a positive attitude, and are remembering that we are losing weight and getting healthier!

So far Heather has lost 7 lbs and I have lost 8.5.  I was really hoping we would've lost 10 lbs by now, which averages to about 2 lbs per week.  There was one week where Heather gained, but the following week she lost quite a bit.  This week she maintained.  Last week I maintained, but this week I lost 2.5. 

We're going to start an exercise class on Sunday mornings together next month, and I'm super excited.  To share what I've been doing:
  • Walking 2 miles 3 times a week.
  • When wanting ice cream, I have two bites, not two scoops.
  • I don't completely cut anything out of my eating habits, otherwise I end up wanting them more.
  • I'm communicating with Heather and that helps me with my accountability.
  • Eating breakfast (something I rarely do)
  • Being more active in general...trying to sit less and move more.
  • Limiting what I eat.  I have to remember it's okay to not finish my plate.  I also am no longer eating off the kids plates or eating while cooking.
  • No more eating after 8pm.  Peter and I are terrible about having dinner at 9:30.
I will update as we go along.  We have only 7 weeks left-YIKES!  So, closest to -25 wins and the other has to sing karoake. If we tie, we go out to celebrate and do another challenge.  I don't think either of us will lose the 25 total in 7 more weeks, but I do think we can both get close to -15 or -20.

My favorite part of this...I'm down a size in my jeans and Peter has even noticed a difference.  It's a great feeling.  I'm feeling a bit more confident about my body (not a ton yet, but some) and I definitely have more energy and the walking (while pushing 50+ lbs in a stroller) is a great stress-reliever!
siggy
post divider

No comments: