Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mickey Mouse in the House

Yes...We have a MOUSE in our house!  Eeeek!  I went to the basement to change the laundry and when I opened the dryer, I guess it startled our stowaway.  He ran out from behind the dryer and to the side room with the pump.  Scared the CRAP out of me!  I said a few choice words very loudly, and ran up the stairs...leaving the laundry in the dryer.  I called Peter (who went to the grocery store) and told him the news, to which he replies calmly "I thought we might..."  WHAT?!  Thanks for the warning, honey!

So...I had Peter change the laundry for me, and he got to see Mickey too.  I told the girls about him the next day and their reactions are as follows:

Delaney: "When we trap him, can we keep him for a pet?"
Me: "Um, no."
Katie: "Nana won't visit us now!"
Me: "That's why we're going to get him out."

Peter set up traps and caught him the first night (Monday night/Tuesday morning).  Thankfully Delaney didn't know until Peter disposed of the body.  She was upset she didn't get to she him and help Peter set him free in the field.  What she doesn't know won't hurt her, right?
siggy
post divider

No comments: