Friday, February 10, 2012

A Letter to Riggs

A couple weeks ago the girls' school hosted a Fine Arts Night, which was kind of an open house for parents and family to see the classrooms, the school, the various art projects and talents of the students.  When I was talking with Delaney's teacher, Mrs. Palmer told me that Delaney writes to or about Riggs in almost every journal entry (which is done daily).  I thought this was so uber sweet.  A few days later, she came home with this:


In case you can't read the letter, it reads:
Dear Riggsy,
I love you to Pluto and back.  I will remember you always even when you die.  You will be with a dog you love, Coltrane, when you die.  I will make clothes for you.  I will miss you when you die.  You will always be in my heart.  You are smart.
Love, Delaney

I think she may have been focused on death with Riggs because Mrs. Palmer and I were talking about how close Delaney was to Coltrane and about his death. 
siggy
post divider

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet too!!!