Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Being Nostalgic

So, yesterday I spent a good hour or so reading through the blog, starting at the beginning and going forward towards the current posts. Man! Time sure flies! I began this blog in September 2007. That's right, almost 2 full years ago. Back then, Delaney was only 3 and Kate was still in diapers. WoW! I makes me a little sad how fast time goes; I mean, in just 7 days, Delaney will be getting on a bus going to school, and Kate will be in preschool 3 days a week. Not to mention that we have another addition to our family; technically two additions: Rowena and Riggs. We've also lost a beloved member, Coltrane, eight months ago. I started this blog as a way to keep our family members and friends who we dont' see often abreast of what we are up to, as well as a way for me to journal about our journey as a family; the trials, tribulations, milestones, accomplishments, and just every day moments. I hope I convey somewhat of how wonderful our family is and what we're all about. Sure, we have our moments, but overall, we have wonderful children and an amazing marriage.

I love sharing our life with everyone, near and far. I love knowing that although we may not see you often, that you are still a part of our lives. I can share all of our silly antics, especially the things that come out of Delaney and Katie's mouths. I get to share pictures of the various things we do, as well as stories of what is going on.

I'm a little sad that I didnt' start this blog when Delaney was born. I love having a webpage for the girls to look at pictures, videos, and hear about what they used to do and used to like. It would be so ideal if it started with Delaney and continued with all of the children from birth. I sure hope this is still in existance for the girls when they do get older; although, I highly doubt they will look through all of it...there will be TONS of posts by then.

I love the comments our friends and family members leave, so keep 'em coming. Let me know what you like best about the blog, or what you'd like to see on here.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Amy, I think you do an amazing job as a wife, parent and student...I'm not sure how you keep your sanity! With all you have going on you still think of all your friends and family and want to share your lives with us. Your blog has been staple site I go to several times a week...I wouldn't change a thing. Keep on writing and we'll keep on reading...

ReAnna said...

I ditto Patty 100%. Makes me feel like it HASN'T been forever since I last saw you. PLUS: your blogs keep ME positive about my own journey. Keep 'em coming!