Monday, August 3, 2009

Delaney's Visit With Nana

DAY ONE UPDATE:
So, here goes. I know this is definitely not the hardest thing a parent has to go through, but it is a sign that Delaney is growing up. We took Delaney to Nana's yesterday (Sunday, August 2nd) for a FOUR DAY STAY! That's right. We hung out for a few hours, and then the Hendersons packed up and waved good-bye as Nana held Delaney; both waving back at us. I got a little teary-eyed, I'll admit. But, I know she's in safe hands, and that she will have a blast.

I called this morning to see how she was doing. She told me she was a little sneezy (from Nancy's cat), so she slept with Nana (versus in her sleeping bag on the floor--where she wanted to sleep). Today she told me their plans were to get some groceries and go swimming. We did tell Nancy that if she can't think of what to do...just take her to the pool! She sure is a fish!

Pete and I have a little bet going on when she will get homesick. Pete says by tonight...I'm thinking tomorrow night.

We were also worried on how Kate would be without her hip-attachment. So far, so good. She has asked a couple times why Delaney is with Nana, but other than that, doesn't seem to affected so far. She did have a hard time going to the neighbors house, to knock and ask them to come and play (that's usually what Delaney does). It's really showing me the roles they each play, and how much they rely on each other for various other things. Pete took Katie on a special Daddy-Daughter Date tonight to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and to play. She was SO very excited to have some special Daddy time all to herself. The poor girl really gets lost in the shuffle lately.

I plan on updating daily on what the scoop is from Nancy and Delaney on their special time together. I'm so excited for her...this is something I LOVED doing as a kid (spending time with my grandparents alone), and am so proud of her. Next week, she has another over-night with my cousins in Chenoa. She sure is a busy, popular girl!

No comments: