Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Great Hump-Day Night!

Last night I went out with a couple of amazing friends that I haven't seen (together) in a long time---miss hanging with you guys weekly, NCB and Donnanuska! We went to Chilis in Downers Grove, chewed on some appetizers, and enjoyed some tasty beverages--margaritas for me and Donna and a virgin daquiri for the pregger Nichole. We had so much fun reminiscing, talking about our lives, sharing stories, and talking about what we're getting excited for--future stuff: graduation for me, the birth of Nichole's son, and Donna possibly moving out. Hopefully we can start doing monthly dates again...they are much missed. We are also hoping to have another slumber party in the spring. We did that about 18 months ago for one of Donna's birthdays and it was so much fun!

I got home to some amazing, wonderful, tasty, homemade raspberry ice cream. I was beyond impressed with it. It goes to show what a wonderful father Peter is! He not only cares for and loves his daughters, but he really plays with them, bonds with them, and does special things with them. So often I hear of dads just putting on movies or not really interacting with their children. They wouldn't do things like make homemade ice cream without another helping adult because of the work involved. I'm so proud of Peter and so grateful to him for his hands-on parenting!

So, needless to say...I had a wonderful night last night. Thanks to Nichole, Donna, and PJ! xoxo

1 comment:

Nichole said...

It was so great to see my girls last night!