Wednesday, August 19, 2009

There's Always Tomorrow...

Well, I'm sitting here completely procrastinating on doing homework and cleaning the house. I have to stop thinking, "There's always tomorrow" because that means it'll NEVER get done! I'm also using the excuse that I feel like crap right now.

Today was a pretty good day for us. Rarely does a day go by, however, where there isn't a little yelling, someone crying, someone pinching or being punched, time-outs on the stairs, or someone being sent to their room. I'm not sure if any of that happened today. We hung out at home for a few hours this morning, then we went to Gymquest, where the girls got to play at Open Gym for over an hour. I signed them up for dance class (they took the summer off). This year they will be in class together; at least until Delaney turns 6.

After Gymquest, we headed to Jiffy Lube, had lunch in the waiting room. Yep--pretty funny. The guy comes to the driver door and opens it for me, and I proceed to take out three little girls, two happy meals, and an iced coffee. Luckily, this Jiffy Lube has an amazingly clean waiting area. Twilight was playing there--and the girls, well, Delaney, didn't want to leave, as she wanted to continue to watch it. We then came home and hung out with the neighbors for a while. After Pete got home, Delaney and I went to Kohls during the middle of a horrible rain storm. We did some nice damage to our Kohls' credit card tonight! Then we picked up some pizza and headed home for dinner.

Rowena enjoyed some floor time. Riggs is not liking the fact that she's starting to move around more! She sees him laying near her blanket, and then proceeds to roll right on over to him-and reaches for his face...so he tends to freak out and get a little too hyper for our liking. The girls played some Mario Party, while Pete worked on cleaning the basement (getting ready for his Fantasy football draft on Sunday). Girls were in bed around 8:30 or so, and now I'm getting ready myself. I feel like complete crap! :( I have a sinus infection and my stomach is not happy with me either. I still need to do some laundry and vacuum, but there's always tomorrow...right?

1 comment:

Patty said...

Don't be so hard on yourself...you had a very full day and you don't feel good...take a long hot bath with a glass of wine...you deserve and it might make your sinus' not feel so bad.