Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Trip to Plymouth, Michigan

We're visiting Uncle Wesley...for the first time EVER! That's right! He only lives 4 1/2 hours away, and we're finally making a first visit. I don't have my memory stick adaptor, so pictures will have to wait. But, I can tell you that we're having a great time. Last night we hung out for a bit at the hotel, then headed to Wesley's house for a while. Then we went to downtown Plymouth, which is just about the cutest town EVER. I would love to live here. It reminds me of what Naperville wants to be. There are many cute, family-owned shops, nice restaurants, sidewalk cafes, a nice big grassy park for concerts, an old movie theater, etc. It really is picturesque. The homes are beautiful and older, with a lot of character...you see no cookie-cutter homes here. Pete bought me a cute little "Yooper" recipe book. We went to a nice Italian restaurant and then walked to a fun ice cream place for dessert. Then, it was back to the hotel for swimming.

Today we headed to Erwin Apple Orchard where we took a tractor ride to pick apples from the trees. We got two small bags, which hold many, many apples. Then we went on to pick a ton of raspberries...$17 worth! I think if we let her, Kate would've eaten 'em all! Then we sat outside, and enjoyed some cidar and donuts...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Afterwards, Delaney and Kate enjoyed the Hay Maze and the Tractor-Tricycle race. Then it was back to the hotel for some swimming. I'm kind of upset I didn't bring my camera; Rowena was loving the pool, albeit it was cold, and she loved Uncle Wesley's boat. Now we're all showered and clean, and are looking forward to a great restaurant tonight. Tomorrow we'll enjoy a nice breakfast together, and then it's back to Joliet for some Fantasy Football Drafting!

I hope to post pictures tomorrow night. Stay tuned...

No comments: