Thursday, August 6, 2009

Today's the Day

Well, it's about 9:30, and Peter is getting ready to leave to meet Nancy half way to pick up Delaney. I was surprised she didn't get homesick at all. They did a lot of fun stuff: movies, swimming, Nana's school, restaurant (Applebee's-Delaney's fave), Dairy Queen, and swimming. Oh, did I mention they swam?

I can't wait to see her. I've been pretty emotional this week--and I'm thinking it was because she was gone. Probably didn't help that school is ending, and that's always stressful. So, needless to say, I'm excited to have her home. She starts school in just THREE weeks-YIKES. We need to go shopping, and cram a lot of fun in the next few weeks.

Kate did wonderful without her, but she's also really looking forward to her coming home. Yesterday she kept asking "Who's going to play with me?" We played Barbies for about an hour, but I think she really misses playing with her sissy.

So--any suggestions on things to do with the girls in the next three weeks? I'm thinking of taking them on a picnic (with basket, blanket, and all) and to a park. We're also planning a trip to the Aquarium with Poppy. Hm. Maybe that's enough. :)

No comments: