Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer is Coming to an End

Well, summer is coming to an end quicker than I would like. :( Our summers usually consist of days like the following:

Wake up around 8:30
Breakfast around 9
Outside for pool and playing by 10am
Grapes and strawberries for snacks throughout the day with lunch around 12 or so
Inside for a break by 2
Back outside to play around 4
Inside for dinner, baths, and movie around 6:30

Sadly-this summer was nothing like that. I think part of it was that the girls are older, and that they were in the neighbor's pool just about every day. And, partly because of Rowena only being 3-6 months old, and me not wanting her out in the sun. But, Rowe and I have stayed inside most of the summer, with few trips to parks or walks. Delaney and Kate have still enjoyed their summer days outside in the neighbor's pool, playing Star Wars, and riding bikes. I wish I would've been outside more with them...my blindingly white skin proves the amount of time I have been in- and outside. I'm really looking forward to next summer, when Rowe wants to be outside all the time, running through the grass, trying to keep up with her two big sisters.

I also plan to do as much as possible on the days I'm home this fall with the girls. Delaney will be in kindergarten in the mornings, Monday through Friday; Katie will be in preschool M, W, F in the mornings. In the afternoons, we can hopefully play, go to parks, and head to the zoo. We also have a membership to the Shedd this year, so we might head to the city a few times too. And, my dad and I want to take the girls on the train to Chicago, go to The Sears Tower, then take a river taxi to Navy Pier to ride on the large ferris wheel. So, although the summer wasn't what I love it to be (for me, anyways), we kept busy and the girls had fun. We still have a few things to look forward to before Delaney starts school on August 25th--our trip to Chicago with Poppy, Medieval Times, a showing of The Wizard of Oz, and a trip to Michigan to visit Uncle Wesley.

No comments: