Friday, May 7, 2010

My Mother's Day Message to My Darling Daughters...

Dear Delaney, Katie, and Rowena,
I love you all with everything I have. There are days when I yell and get angry, but there is never a moment that I don't love every bit of you. I love playing with you, doing your favorite things; watching you play video games, dancing with you, playing Barbies, pushing you on the swings, taking fun day trips to the zoo. As I think of how we started, just your Daddy and I, it's hard to imagine our lives like that. You are such a part of our lives, every moment of every day. In six and a half quick years we have grown into quite a family. You make me smile and love my life so much more than I could ever imagine!

Delaney, you are getting so big and mature. I am so proud of you. You have a wonderful sense of achievement and are always striving for your best. As I watch you do things, I am constantly amazed at your focus and determination. You have a great imagination and are so creative, and I love how much of a dare-devil you are. The chances you take are going to get you far in life. I am so sad you are getting so big so fast. I am not ready for you to be in school fulltime next year. Your laughter is so beautiful, as is your dimpled smile. You light up my life.

Katie, you are my shining star. You have the most secure sense of self I have ever seen in a child. I am so proud of your confidence and hope that never, ever fades. I know very few, if any, females that exude the confidence you do. You are so entertaining and your humor is developed beyond your years. You never fail to turn things into a joke or see the positive side of something that is upsetting. I have been watching you closely this year, and you are really coming into your own; knowing what you like, don't like, and are willing to try. I can't believe you'll be in kindergarten next year. The school seems so big like it will swallow you, but I know you'll be very successful. Your imagination and kindness is never-ending. Your friends are so lucky to have you, as are we! You never cease to amaze me.

Rowena, you crack me up, kid! Your daddy and I talk all the time about how we can't wait to see what you look like and act like in a year...but we're not really ready for that year to pass. You have quite the personality in that little cubby baby body! You laugh and make everyone around you do the same. You may wake me up before the sun is even ready for the day, but I love our alone time together while we watch Blue's Clues and you sit in my lap or in your chair and drink your warm milk and eat your dry cereal and suck your thumb with your blankie. You are learning so much every day, and I can't soak you up enough. I can't squeeze you enough.

I cannot imagine my life without any of you and I thank you every day for giving more to me than I think I could ever give to you. So, although this Sunday is Mother's Day...I would not be able to celebrate it without you wonderful, beautiful, smart, and amazing ladies. I love you so much. Thank you for being such an important part of my life. I would love to stop time and keep you just the way you are...but I know that is not fair to any of us. To the years to come, to the challenges that are sure to be apart of our life, I welcome it all.

All my love,
Mom

1 comment:

Brian said...

You are amazing Amy!