Friday, April 27, 2012

Another Hiking Adventure

Today I took Rowena and Charlie back to Starved Rock.  With my weight loss challenge, I'm trying to exercise a little more, and since I don't get a lot of down time (away from the kids), I need to be creative and involve the Littles.  So, back to Starved Rock we went. 

We took a different route this time and probably didn't even do a mile and we went very slow with lots of breaks to check out rocks, flowers, leaves, the views, and to have some snacks. 









Again after hiking we had a picnic.  Then, on the way out of town, we stopped at a winery (to buy, not to taste) and then to a chocolate shop.  It was a good day, and I hope to bring the kids back throughout the summer.  I can't wait for another family trip there.
siggy
post divider

No comments: