Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Eleven years ago today, I walked down the isle and exchanged vows with the most amazing man.  We had our first date on February 17, 1995...had an off-and-on relationship throughout college.  I believe it was more on than off...ahhahha.

Peter asked me to marry him on August 10, 2000 at The Melting Pot in Indianapolis.  He couldn't wait, so he asked in the before we even ordered.  I could barely see my ring through my tears of happiness and shock.  We talked throughout the meal of wedding dates and honeymoon destinations.  We decided on April 21 and an island somewhere.
Our Wedding Day: April 21, 2001

Now, 11 years later, we have a home in Illinois, four children, a dog, careers and furthered our education.  We have had mostly ups, with a few bumps in the road...by which I mean life throwing us some curve balls not our relationship having problems.  I think, in eleven years, we have honestly only had two major fights.  Not bad, I don't think!  We agree on politics, religion, parenting, finances...all the big things, as well as the little things.  We know how to communicate and express ourselves; we laugh and cuddle and share.  I am the luckiest person I know to have someone like Peter in my life.  I'm so glad he chose me!  I cannot imagine life without him by my side.  He is truly the love of my life, the most amazing partner, and the best father in the entire world.
July 2010...9+ years later

Have we changed much?  Maybe, but still madly in love!
siggy
post divider

No comments: