Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Goy Update...37 Weeks

I went to the doctor today and here is where we stand:

Dialated: 1cm
Effaced: 50%
Weight Gain: 25 lbs (although last week it was 28 lbs)

Doctor gave me the "go ahead" to have the baby whenever now that I've made it to term (37 weeks).  However, we're hoping to make it through next Tuesday night as we have a lot between now and then.  But, I doubt we'll go too early with this one.  I just have that feeling. 

For those that have asked, this how early the other girls were...

Delaney-15 days early.  My water broke around 2:30 a.m. on a Friday morning.  They had to induce me several hours later because my body wasn't going into labor naturally.  From the time my water broke to birth--17 hours.  I had an epidural and pushed for four hours straight...it was hell.  It wasn't until I got the epidural that my contractions really took off and I dialated.  Delaney was born at 7:34 p.m. on December 12th

Katie-17 days early.  I woke up around 12:30 a.m. and told Peter I thought I was in labor. Since he just started a job and was getting up early he told mme to wake him if I knew for sure.  About 5 minutes later, I woke him up and called my mom to come over and watch Delaney.  The contractions were very intense and regular, and fast.  We got to the hospital around 2 a.m. and were in a room around 2:10 or so.  I asked for the epidural, and the doctor (as he walked in) said to order it when the nurse just responded "there's no time."  Doctor Egan took a look and immediately gowned up and was ready.  Katie was born at 2:33 a.m. on July 22nd after less than two hours of labor and two pushes.

Rowena-3 days early.  Doctors decided to induce me since I was still going to school 2-3 days a week which meant my hospital was 45 minutes away in winter.  I got to the hospital around 8am, and they got me finally hooked up to pitocin around 10:30 or so.  Things were progressing fine, but nothing unmanageable.  I got up to go to the bathroom around 12:15, felt intense pain, and my water broke.  I asked for an epidural as the contractions really intensified then.  Epidural didn't take as well as it should have.  I couldn't feel my legs, but could still feel the pain of contractions.  Rowena was born at 1:48 p.m. on February 25th.

Soon...I can tell you Goy's birth story, but until then, the next appointment is Tuesday at 9am...so I'll update after that. 
siggy
post divider

No comments: