Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I would like to take this moment to express my love, admiration, and appreciation to all the amazing fathers out there. Some children aren't lucky enough to have an amazing father; one who reads to them, plays with them, sings and dances with them, cuddles and watches movies with them, makes them good meals, provides ample finances and shelter, loves them unconditionally, challenges yet supports them, and is there for them. I am beyond grateful that I had a father who was there for me, made sacrifices so I could have things that I wanted as well as those I needed.

I am wonderfully grateful that I married a man who turned in to be a better father than I could have imagined. He is a very hard worker; he puts in many hours and has career goals that shock and amaze me. Then after working long hours and dealing with administration and employees and patients, he comes home and NEVER hesitates to just jump right in and play with the kids. I don't think I can recall even one time where he needed to rest or lay down or want some down time. He demonstrates endless patience with his three daughters, unconditional love, a sense of humor that is never ending, as well as the ability to teach his daughters appropriate manners, how to laugh at themselves, and how to care for others. I fall in love with Peter more and more every day; watching him as a father has surpassed any expectation I ever had. I am jealous of my daughters relationship with him, in that I'm not sure if or when they will realize how fortunate they are to have such an amazing, wonderful, and loving man in their life they are able to call "Daddy."

We love you endlessly, Peter! Enjoy today...filled with donuts, video games, movies, and outside fun with your daughters.

No comments: