Thursday, July 22, 2010

Almost There

Lately I've had the song "Almost There" from Princess and the Frog playing on repeat in my head. With working on my masters for over 3 years, and the fact that as of August 16th I will be DONE, I can't help but think...I'm Almost There.

Yesterday I turned in three huge binders...My Porfolio. It felt WONDERFUL to hand those over. It was a lot of hard work, many late nights, some crying, swearing, and b*tching to Peter and a few select friends. But, it's over. The Portfolio work is done. Now, here is what is up...I have class this Saturday for Choice Theory/Reality Therapy, on Wednesday, August 4th I have class again for CT/RT and internship class. Then, or should I say, AND THEN...On August 10th at 11:30 a.m., I will meet with a 3-professor committee: Dr. Dermer, Dr. Dunham, and Dr. Sori, to "defend" my case and work. It's a pretty intimidating experience, but I am excited to do it and graduate. After my Defense, I will go to internship class on the following Wednesday to talk to my colleagues about the process.

Now that I passed my NCE and will hopefully pass my Defense, I can begin to look for jobs to counsel individuals-adults and children, families, and couples (and get paid for my work). I think I want to specialize in working with mother-daughter relationships; I think it is a dynamic one, and often one that can be volatile. I've had a couple on my case load, and I love to watch the relationship change and develop. I also love working with couples.

I'm Almost There, I'm Almost there
People gonna come here from everywhere
And I'm almost there
I'm almost there
There's been trials and tribulations
You know I've had my share
But I've climbed the mountain, I've crossed the river
And I'm almost there, I'm almost there
I'M ALMOST THERE!
-lyrics from Almost There, Princess and the Frog
siggypost divider

2 comments:

Jessica J said...

Good for you, Amy! That's amazing. I hope the job comes ASAP.

Patty said...

I admire you so...