Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Happy Independence Day my fellow Americans!

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. Summer, grilling, fireworks, burgers, flags, corn on the cob, Red-White-Blue, sun, dresses, pool parties, sparklers, parties, family, friends, smiles...the list just makes me smile and excited.

Sadly this year isn't as festive as I had hoped. I'm currently bogged down with homework, as I'm trying to finish all the requirements for my huge portfolio in order to defend so I can graduate in August. Also, the humongous party that my block holds every year I believe is not happening. This party is amazing. There are four homes that host, and everyone brings friends and family and food. There are paddle boats and swimming, as well as bounce houses. And, when it's finally dark out, there is always an amazing fireworks display that kicks the local town's ass! It's professionally set up, so there are no teenagers with small lighters getting hurt. Words nor pictures can describe the show, nor the fun that is had. It makes me appreciate our neighborhood and remind me how lucky we are; how picturesque our life is. So, I guess if I have to go ONE Fourth of July without my expectations being met, it's okay. I'm keeping in mind that next year, I won't have any homework to worry about, and that makes me so excited and happy. I can, once again, be just a wife, mother, and counselor.

But, as I type, my girls are in their annual 4th of July outfits (they each have at least two--told you I'm a huge fan of the holiday) and we have burgers to grill, festive cookies to eat, and sparklers to light when dark falls. We are also going to the local ice cream place and might go swimming.


siggypost divider

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Lets go swimming!!!!!!!!!